Screenwriting - A Dream

 




It’s been my dream for the longest time to see at least one of my screenplays produced as a good film before my spirit leaves this world. No matter what else I do, that dream will not die. It has survived illness, exhaustion, mental and emotional starvation and utter neglect.

I think the form of a script, the angles, the spaces, the sparing use of words, is like poetry. I strive to create screenplays that speak to the soul of a person or that keeps the viewer engaged through suspense but I also think it’s cool to make people laugh and forget their troubles.

I'm not interested in awards or contests. I just want to create interesting stories that can be produced and enjoyed.

My screenplays aren’t Shakespeare; I’ve never pretended they were. Maybe they’re too simple for today’s audiences but I don’t think so.

I will showcase my screenplays here on this blog. I have them available to read as PDFs on PAYHIP so people can enjoy them, and just in case any producers might be interested. (Yeah, I know the odds of that … but a lady has to try, doesn’t she?) LOL But, seriously, screenplays are a fun way to read a story, once you get used to the format, you can breeze right through!

I am determined to produce some of them myself somehow – maybe as podcasts or audio books or even a radio show. If they peak your interest please spread the word. You could help make a dream come true!

Comments